Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel: Navigate to Rows based on specified cell contents

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheri922

Instructor
Aug 12, 2004
US
Navigate to a row based on number entered into a Specified cell.

Let's say Cell A1 acts as a label "Enter the Row Number you wish to view", in Cell A2 the user enters 632 and hits enter which takes him/her to row 632.

I've seen this, need to use and and can't figure it out... HELP!

On the same toolbar with the formula line where it shows the cell that you are working in. Simply type the cell you wish to go to. Such as A632. and it will take you there.

Jim

Hi,

Use Edit/Goto (ctr+G)

Macro record doing it, post back and get some help customizing your macro.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be advised:[/red] It's been reported that a wee psychic is roaming the countryside.
Small Medium @ Large! [tongue][/sub]

Ok, let's say I want to HIDE the Address bar. I want to create a cell that a user can type in a number and have it take them to that row (Row 635 for example, by typing 635 into a specified cell).

Paste this code into the Sheet Object Code Window -- right click sheet Tab - select View Code
Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
   With Target
      If .Address = "$A$1" Then
         Cells(.Value, 1).Select
      End If
   End With
End Sub

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be advised:[/red] It's been reported that a wee psychic is roaming the countryside.
Small Medium @ Large! [tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back