Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel - MS Query - Parameter Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkipVought

Programmer
Dec 4, 2001
US

I can specify a criteria for is one of which generates an IN Clause in the SQL.

I want to make this a Parameter Query based on a List.

I cannot seem to format a valid list in the parameter box. Can you?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be advised:[/red] Researchers have found another Descartes trueism, "Cogito ergo spud."
"I think; therefore, I YAM!
[tongue][/sub]

bump

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be advised:[/red] Researchers have found another Descartes trueism, "Cogito ergo spud."
[tongue][/sub]

Did you ever figure out how to do this? I am currently trying to do the same thing. I have performance data for all of the systems I administer in a sql server database. I linked the IN clause parameter field to a cell where I would like to list multiple systems and have the data returned for multiple systems. Right now it only works with one system.

dca,

I gave up using a pure parameter query. I gen a list and stuff it in my SQL string using VBA.

Skip,
[sub]
[tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back