Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Macros

Status
Not open for further replies.

t3010

Programmer
May 8, 2001
US
Hi
If I create a Macro in Excel, then remove it after using the Macro, so no Macros exist on the spreadsheet, then save spreadsheet, exit spreadsheet and re-open spreadsheet, if I have medium security on, I am prompted with 'spreadsheet contains macros etc etc' but the spreadsheet has no Macros?
How do I get rid of this message or delete all macros properly
Ted

Are you removing the standard module in which the macro is recorded?

This may help. If not, it may just be a glitch (unless someone knows otherwise).

In any case, you can disable the macro warning but selecting Tools>Macros>Security and opting for a low-level of security. But be warned, this level of security will mean that all Excel files you open won't alert you to the presence of macros. You could in this way be letting a virus in through the back door.

In any case, I'm not sure why you're recording a macro just to delete it once you've finished recording? The whole point of macros is that they're reusable. But as someone once said: "Ours is not to reason why, our is but to clean the sty." SuperBry!

Ta, I wasnt removing the module that I was recording it in, just deleting from inside Excel, have deleted module and message has gone, cheers, I'd better learn more about what a module does

I'm sending the spreadsheet to other users, so removed macro incase they run it, I dont actually delete it from my copy.

thanks for the help!!!
Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back