Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel macro wont save 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pduncan

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2003
US
Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I record a macro and save it. After I save it (and before I close Excel) if I go to the macro menu, it's there. However, when I close and open Excel and then try to run the macro, it isn't there.

How can I record a macro and have it available the next time?

Also - I have a macro on another PC - can I "transfer" or copy a macro from one PC to another?

Thanks,
PDUNCAN
Memphis, TN - USA

The macro is stored in the spreadsheet you have open. Unless you open the same spreadsheet again, the macro won't appear there.

You can make the macro part of the default template to ensure it is available to all Excel workbooks.

Cheers,
Dave

Probably the only Test Analyst on Tek-Tips

animadverto vos in Abyssus!

Take a look at Forum1393 & sign up if you'd like

how do I make the macro part of the default template?

Thanks,
PDUNCAN
Memphis, TN - USA

When recording it, you are asked to give it a name, and where to store it.

Instead of choosing the current workbook, select Personal Macro Workbook. This macro will be available in all your workbooks.

Cheers,
Dave

Dave - thanks that worked perfectly. Although this probably is a simple mistake, I bet a lot of people have this problem. Also - you really helped me out of a bind. How about a star for your trouble?

Thanks,
PDUNCAN
Memphis, TN - USA

Thanks very muchly!

Cheers,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search