Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Macro - Find Cells & Insert Formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

newworld51

Technical User
Apr 17, 2002
US
I've been trying to record a Macro and this part has me stuck.

Need to insert formulas (F5 & F7) above and below the Subtotal formula.

Since the data table changes with each update, the reference changes.

Thanks for any help!!!!

Colm F
1 x
2 x
3 x
4 x
5 =A7
6 Subtotal Formula
7 =(SUMIF(A2:A7),"L",F2:F7)

Hi,

John already directed you to postings that suggest methods of locating the last cell.

My tip is in regard to the subtotal.

Does the Data/Subtotal... FEATURE (not FUNCTION) not meet this requirement?

Do you have multiple subtotals or one total?

If the answer is ONE, then my question is, why stick it at the bottom, where the user has to search for the important piece of information. Putting totals BELOW a table is a sad vestage of paper, pencil and adding machine. With the advent of spreadsheets, it's possible to put these aggregations anywhere, like right at the top! On a multi-page report (printed or not) I put my totals and subtotals at the top, where they are visible, using Window/Freeze Panes, at all times.

Think about it.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red][/red]
[tongue][/sub]

Thanks Skip,

I guess what I'm really trying to do, In my macro I need to go the cell above the last value in a column and the Macro puts in a formula in that cell.
The same thing for the cell below the last value in that column.

Many Thanks,

Alan

Did you check out John's suggestion? If so, what code did you use in your workbook?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red][/red]
[tongue][/sub]

I need to insert a formula on my subtotal row after the data has been refreshed in excel 2003. does anyone know how?

CarmenWilliams,

Please post in a NEW THREAD.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red][/red]
[tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back