Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Macro - Copy rows with specific date range to another worksheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambra19

Programmer
Aug 5, 2002
CA
I am trying to create a macro that will copy rows that fall within a certain date range to be copied into a new worksheet.
On worksheet 1, I have the date selection criteria (via dropdowns) and the selected "To" date is placed in C1, the "From" date is placed in C2.
Worksheet 2 contains the data. The column containing the dates is D. There are 7 columns of data per row.
Does anyone have any ideas on how I can go about doing this?
thanks.
ambra19

Ambra,

Excel's "database manipulation functions" (from the menu: Data - Filter - Advanced Filter) allow extraction of data from one sheet to another, based on whatever criteria you need to specify to extract the specific data you require.

The best way to demonstrate this would be for you to email a copy of your file. If necessary, reduce the size of the file and replace any sensitive data with fictitious data that still reflects the type of data you're working with. I'll then modify and return the file.

Regards, ...Dale Watson dwatson@bsi.gov.mb.ca

Hi Dale,

I had sent you the file on Wednesday of last week. It was under the e-mail of ambra19@hotmail.com. The name that would have come up is K 19.
I was just confirming whether you had received this.
Thanks again Dale.

regards,
ambra19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back