Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Macro - Copy, Pause and Paste help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonsi

IS-IT--Management
Dec 20, 2001
DE
Good morning

I have a Spreadsheet that is populated from a Form input. Choices from Drop Downs, Radio Buttons, Lookups and free text etc.
All the outputs returned from those Inputs go to a range called OUTPUT on a hidden sheet
I want to run a macro that copies all of this OUTPUT range and dumps (Paste Special Values) and transposes it into an Operator selectable or (better still) next available row in a Sheet in a Summary workbook.
I know I can do it to a specified row but how do I get it to pause while the Operator selects the correct row?

hwyl
Jonsi B-)
"If an apple a day keeps the Doctor away ...why don't Daleks live in Orchards?"

If you use userform, use [tt]RefEdit[/tt] control.

Alternative: excel InputBox can be used directly from the code:
Code:
Dim rngInput As Range
Set rngInput = Application.InputBox(prompt:="Select top-left cell", Title:="Output selection", Type:=8)

combo

Problem solved using Excel Macro - Inserting a row above the row where data is dumped as part of a 'go fetch from source' Macro.

Thanks for your help.

hwyl
Jonsi B-)
"If an apple a day keeps the Doctor away ...why don't Daleks live in Orchards?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back