Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Macro Code - What is this saying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have a marco that was created in Excel to update information within a workbook. The application is built in ACNielsen's product NITRO. The button/macro that updates the information states:
Dim bRC As Boolean
Dim acnNITRO As Object

Set acnNITRO = CreateObject("ACNielsenNITRO.ACNNitro")
Set acnNITRO.ParentApp = ActiveWorkbook.Application
Set acnNITROUpdt = acnNITRO.ACNNitroUpdate
bRC = acnNITROUpdt.UpdateAllNRanges(ActiveWorkbook, ntrRefresh)

I would like to write a similar macro that "Gets Data" for a specific range. What is the VBA terms saying in this code?

Thanks for you help

There is one variable in the code that has not been assigned a value (ntrRefresh) and I don't reconize it as a system variable

The 1st line is creating an instances of an ACNnitro object from ACNielsenNITRO object library.

2nd line sets property ParentApp of that object to EXCEL.

3rd line gets property ACNnitroUpdate.

4th line uses the method UpdateAllRanges to update the acnNitroUpdt object and returns a flag (prsumeably one that indicates if update has been successful).

But without knowing what an ACNnitro object is it is difficult to say any more.

ACNNitro is an ACNeilson package that holds information about drinks markets (alcoholic mainly) - regional and national averages for volume of different drinks types sold for different types of pubs. I presume the last line tells it to update all linked ranges in the workbook with new data. You'll need to look in the ACNitro object model / VBA help to find out how to specify a range
HTH
ps - bjcallahan, what company do you work for ?? Rgds
~Geoff~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back