Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Macro Code Break (Debug)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoffman

Programmer
Jun 12, 2002
US
After "upgrading" to XP, I have noticed that whenever I process a macro and it breaks with a message asking me to end or debug, no macros will run smoothly from then on. Even closing Excel and starting with a different spreadsheet, the macro will 'break' at various points and ask me to end or enter debug mode. The only thing that fixes it is a re-boot. Task manager shows no instances of Excel still running after Excel is closed. Any Ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance!

whoffman,

What do you have set in VB Editor/Tools/Options - Generel Tab for Error Trapping.

Skip,

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at faq222-2244

The option of "Break on unhandled errors" is selected.
This only started recently, after my OS upgrade from Windows 2000. I now have XP Professional.
I can't figure this out for the life of me.

Thanks for your quick response!!!

SOLVED!!!! I found that another program I installed is causing the problem (while it is running). It is called EZCapture Pro which allows you to take screenshots of screen areas defined by your mouse. It starts automatically and sits in the icon tray. A user defined/assigned hotkey causes it to activate. After closing the app completely, this problem goes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back