Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel - Linking Access data fields to Excel Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Londa1130

Technical User
Mar 25, 2004
US
I have created a new database query in Excel to pull data over from Access. The data retrieved now needs to be used in Excel. I want to be able to enter the store no in one field and all of the other required fields populate automatically. Is this possible?

If you right click in your linked data...you will see an option for parameters.

the parameters dialog gives you an option to base criteria on a cell value for 1 or more fields in your linked query.

...it also has a check box that will requery the linked data each time the cell value changes

If you right click in your linked data...you will see an option for parameters.

the parameters dialog gives you an option to base criteria on a cell value for 1 or more fields in your linked query.

...it also has a check box that will requery the linked data each time the cell value changes.

When I right click on the data retreived from my querty, the parameter option grayed out.

Does it make a difference that I'm using Excel 2002

You have to have set up a paremeter in the query before you can access the parameter options. Go back to the gui and add a parameter on the field that you want - once you get back to excel, the parameter box should be available

Rgds, Geoff

"Three things are certain: Death, taxes and lost data. Guess which has occurred"

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

...Like XLBO stated you define the USER PROPMT parameter with brackets similar to an Access criteria parameter

I.E.
[Search on WHAT?]

Note: set the parameter in MsQuery and not in Access or you will receive an "expected 1" error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back