Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 26, 2001
US
If I have sheet1 column e cell 1 with a value of a,b,c or d to then based on a,b,c,d copy columns a-e to another spreadsheet in workbook. ie. if sheet1 E1 is equal to a than copy A1 B1 C1 D1 E1 to sheet2 A1 B1 C1 D1 E1. If B than copy same to sheet2? And if so how?

On sheet two, in each cell:

A1 =IF(Sheet1!e1="a",Sheet1!a1,"")
B1 =IF(Sheet1!e1="a",Sheet1!b1,"")

and so on.

You can't get it to *copy*, but you can get it to pick up the values.

Dreamboat's suggestion would work. Just one question though: what would you like it to do if the entry in E1 was "B"? You say do the same, in which case, it would not matter whether the entry was A, B, C or anything else....or am I missing something?

Sorry I ment I E1=B than copy to sheet3 if c sheet4 if d sheet5

OK, in that case, Dreamboat's suggestion would work. All you would need to do in each of the sheets (sheet2, sheet3 etc), is to test for the character you are looking for and then copy the contents of the cells you want if they match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back