Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel is automatically highlighting cells 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freemo

MIS
Oct 25, 2005
GB
Hello All

We are using Microsoft Excel 2003. When the user clicks on a cell the mouse is then stuck highlighting cells where ever the mouse moves. This can not be released by anything apart from closing excel from the menu bar or task manager.

Thanx for your help.

Hello All

Nope they don't have a little red button on their mouse. The problem started happening wither their current mouse so they couldn't of turmed the function on with another mouse and changed it over.

HELP!?!?!?

I have seen this occasionally in the past and the only solution I ever found was closing Excel and restarting.

If you are seeing this consistently - and you are fairly sure it's not hardware - I would suspect some corruption in some elements that are not affected by reinstalling - an xlb file, maybe an xlt file, maybe the registry. Does it happen when you start Excel in safe mode?

Enjoy,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.

I'm working (slowly) on my own website

Hello

Gonna start dishing out some stars. The problem was with the mouse. I have just been told that the mouse's wheel wasn't working, so i changed the mouse but the same was still happening. That was until i clicked the wheel. Now everything is fine.

Thank you for the help from everyone.

Just found out that if your mouse does not have a red button (scroll button) you can accomplish the same thing by a right click. Glad you got it figured out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back