Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel instance - garbled data

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulsY

Programmer
Jan 22, 2002
US
Hi,

Did anyone run into the following situation:

I have a report.. nothing special. It has been running fine for a long time. Recently when I schedule it in excel format (always scheduled it in this format) when I open it up the Excel plug in for IE does not open in browser. Instead regular htm page opens and my report looks like a txt data with strange characters in between my data.
Below is a sample.

think behavior is very sporatic. Sometimes the instance open this way, other times is normal. When I schedule it at another time the instance may be fine again.

I reinstalled all, called tech support but no solution.

Am I alone?
ÐÏࡱá>þÿ ·6€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ ÿ € ÿ € ÿ €
ÿ € ÿ €ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€ÿ€
ÿ
€!ÿ!€"ÿ"€#ÿ#€$ÿ$€%ÿ%€&ÿ&€'ÿ'€(ÿ(€)ÿ)€*ÿ*€+ÿ+€,ÿ,€-ÿ-€.ÿ.€/ÿ/€0ÿ0€1ÿ1€2ÿ2€3ÿ3€4ÿ4€5ÿ5ýÿÿÿþÿÿÿþÿÿÿ

!"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~Root
Entryÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿœ±HÃþÿÿÿBOOK ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ
…0³ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿUnited
States133 Main Street North  Greenbush  MN 
56726-4018  USAAbby Tscski
CONTACT,

Haven't seen this, but it looks like some sort of corruption. Since it's doing this infrequently, I'd be suspect of the server, make sure you have backups...

What happens if you open the report in CR and export it?

What happens if you change the format for viewing to Excel from within the CMC?

-k

In the CR report exports fine. This only happens sometimes when I run the report. I think I found one pattern.. if the report outputs a lot of data this happens. In the CMC I have Excel set as default format.

I have also redid the report file, but still the same. I have CE services distributed among a couple servers. Which service would be corrupt?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back