Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Image behind grindlines

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgh2377

Vendor
Jul 30, 2003
US
In word, you can have an image behind the wording of the document, in other words you're able to apply letters over the picture. In excel, is there any way to have an image behind the document so whe you type in the cells, ot's over the image?

Have a look at Format>Sheet>Background

Hope that helps.

[tt]-John[/tt]

Unfortunately it doesn't print, I added all the values but now it won't print. Any suggestions?

I've printed graphs with background pics before, but never a sheet. I just tried it, and it won't print for me, either.

What version are you on? On 2002 and later you can use Filie> Page Setup> Sheet> Options and choose Watermark. I'm pretty sure that'll print out, but I only have 2000 here at work so I can't test it.

[tt]-John[/tt]

Oops, wrong path for Excel 2002. It's actually:
File> Page Setup> Sheet> Options> [red]Effects>[/red] Watermarks

I don't know how you could do it with 2000 or earlier.

Anyone else have any other ideas?

[tt]-John[/tt]

Unfortunately I have Microsoft 2000 so I will not be able to do so. Thank you all for your help, guess I'll nee dto finad another way.

Hi pgh2377,

Excel 2000 and earlier do not support the printing of background images. However, if your worksheet is suitable for importing into Word, you could do that and add the watermark to the Word document instead.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back