Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel header/footer text alignment ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slreynolds

Technical User
Oct 11, 2001
US
I am setting up templates for an audit function's workpapers. I have developed a template in Excel that includes headers and footers that are populated with key infomation via an input form and vba.

I have not been able to find any way to left align multiple lines of text within a center or right footer/header. There is a vba code for left align, but it takes the text all the way to the left of the page (and overwrites the leftheader/footer!)

Does anyone know a way to make or simulate left aligned text within center & right headers and footers? I.E. make the equivilent of three columns of left aligned data.

Thanks Much

Susan

Hi,

I'd suggest that you do it on the sheet and forget headers.

Microsoft has sorely neglected this aspect of Excel. I don't think that it's ever been touched for nearly 20 years.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]A palindrome gone wrong?[/red]
A man, a plan, a ROOT canal...
PULLEMALL![tongue][/sub]

Skip

I don't think the top of sheet approach will work. Individual users may change to legal size paper and/or switch between potrait & landscape. I need the headers & footers to remain correctly formatted (left, center & right) through this entire set of options.

These workbooks have multiple sheets and any sheet may or may not be multiple pages when printed. The header info needs to be present once (and only once) on each page whether someone prints one page from one sheet or all pages from th entire workbook at once.

I've created my own work-around for the lack of color change allowed on footer fonts, but this one has me stumped.

Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back