Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel has repaired my file - how do i stop the [repaired] appearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welshbird

IS-IT--Management
Jul 14, 2000
DE
SOmehow or other my macro-workbook got corrupt.

Excel has repaired it and it all works fine - but the [repaired] remains after the file name.

I've copied all of the sheets and saved as another workbook and all seems fine, but when I export the forms and modules to files and then import to the new workbook this also says [repaired].

What can I do? I really don't want to write it all again - presumably there is an issue in my macros?

Fee

"The cure for anything is salt water – sweat, tears, or the sea." Isak Dinesen

Simply save the repaired file over the original, using Save As, then work with that.

Cheers
Paul Edstein
[MS MVP - Word]

I've done that and the [repaired] still shows.

Also, I biult this in 2010, and have just tested to see if it works in 2007 and it repairs again and removes all of the macros. ARG!

Fee

Did you actually SaveAs using the ORIGINAL NAME and not the name that contains REPAIRED?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

I think I did.

But, what I since tried was to copy each worksheet into a new book and then import the VBA bits. That works fine in 2010.

I've just found that someone who needs to use thisis going to be using 2007 though. I opened the new (no-longer-says-repaired) workbook in 2007, and Excel 'repaired' it by removing the macros! I don't have VBA6 installed as yet (althought I have requested it) so I can't see how I make this work in 2007.

*sigh*

Happy new year, all.

Fee

I think I did.

WHAT??? All you have to do is LOOK at the file name in Windows Explorer.

If it STILL has REPAIRED in the file name, then you DID NOT.

If it has the file name you originally had, then you DID.

When you SaveAs in Excel 2007+ and if you have macros, you must ADDITIONALLY, make sure that the SaveAs Type is Excel macro-enabled workbook (*.xlsm).

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back