Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Freezez when Formatting Text

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllGoodHandlesTaken

IS-IT--Management
Nov 15, 2003
AU
Hi.
I have several users in a small network. Some of them are experincing the same problem.

They open an Excel 2000 /2002 blank worksheet, type some text in a cell and either use control b or click on bold in the toolbar and excel freezes.

I suspect a virus which tells me what caused it. But how do I fix it. I have tried to delete the *.xlb. No go.

I've got the same problem here.
I'm creating an Excel sheet from a Visual Basic application.

The first time i boot and run excel there doesn't seem to be a problem.
The second time there does.

There is no CPU activity and only excel seems to "freeze" for about 25 seconds.

From that moment on there doesn't seem to be any speed problem at all with the used sheet.

Anybody any ideas??

Linux IS userfriendly.
It's only very selective about who it's friends are.

The 1st time you perform an action such as bolding in excel, it takes longer to do so. Never really seen a godd explanation as to why but it does. Not normally 25 seconds but I guess in extreme circumstances, this is possible...

Rgds, Geoff

"Three things are certain: Death, taxes and lost data. Guess which has occurred"

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back