Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel formula for different font sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SysDupe123

Technical User
Dec 17, 2003
US
I've got a formula that takes text from one field to another and I want to add another bit of text from another. The thing is that I want that second bit of text to be in a different font size than the first.
Is there a formula or code that can do that?

A starting point:
With ActiveCell
.Value = .Text
.Characters(Start:=6).Font.Size = 14
End If

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

OOps, sorry for the typo:
With ActiveCell
.Value = .Text
.Characters(Start:=6).Font.Size = 14
End With

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Thanks, but I still need the box to be dynamic, if the source cell changes, this cell would need to change as well.

Hi,

Did you check out HELP on the Characters Method in VBA?

Check out the LEN function also.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red][/red]
[tongue][/sub]

Thanks you guys. Problem I'm having now is that since it's code, The text in the cell isn't dynamic anymore. Is there an Excel function that can provide a change of font size?

Hi SysDupe123,

There's no built-in finction for that. You could use a User-Defined Function, which would build on the code PHV posted but, depending on what it is exactly that you want to have happening, this could be a fairly complex exercise.

Cheers

[MS MVP - Word]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back