Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Form - Compile error in hidden module.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonfer

Programmer
Jul 4, 2007
CA
Hello Guys:

Please i need your support.

I have developed a tool in excel containing a FORM saving data to a SQL server database. Everything is working smoothly when I test the tool in my network with many users simultaneously.

My problem begins when I test the tool with remote users. I have defined a UNC link \\fsho01.sguc.ad\apps\Tool\Form.xlsm in order to the users can open the tool performing the data entry in the form and save it. Remote users get this error msg "Compile error in hidden module this error commonly occurs when code is incompatible with the version,platform or architecture......"

Users use the same excel version (2010) like the tool, The shared Excel object (The tool) includes all this references and libraries.

Somebody can help me? I will appreciate any suggestion or advice.

Thanks in advance

GonFer

If you have password-protected vba project (error message indicates this), try to test distribution with unprotected code for trusted user.

combo

This one is going to be interesting to watch...

they all have Excel 2010 (most likely everybody is using Win7pro? [at least?])

the remote user's AV aren't mentioned (some of those are such sticklers for TCP and Identity issues)

did you try this from your house? (better control/access to hardware and know your own setup)

guessing the database is online and write-to is allowed? ("...saving data to a SQL server database.")

--MiggyD

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around, does it make a sound?" I finally got the answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back