Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel: Floating "label" control... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rheilman

Programmer
Dec 6, 2002
US
I didn't know specifically how to title this question. Years ago, when I was teaching MicroSoft Excel, I recall a feature that allowed the user to select a cell or range of cells. When the user created an instance of this control, it referenced the selected cells and displayed them in the control area. The user could then place the control in another area to print.

I'm looking to use this control to place some summary statistics (3, 6, and 12 month averages) in the white space of a chart for printing with the chart. The chart data source is an area of cells that point to the contents of a pivot table on another sheet. The area I wish to reference with the control contains formulas that give the appropriate averages for the chart data.

I used to teach this feature in "another life" but can't remember it, as my main focus is database and web work now. A mind is a terrible thing to lose.

Thanks!
RayTheOtherRay <><

"I was going to change my shirt, but I changed my mind instead." - Winnie the Pooh

Hi,

View>Toolbars>Customize - Tools - CAMERA

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be Advised![/red] The only distinction between a bird with one wing and a bird with two, is merely...
a difference of A Pinion! [tongue][/sub]

Just copy a range and holding SHIFT key click 'Edit' menu item. Paste picture link should be available.

combo

It was the CAMERA tool. I didn't think about customizing the tool bar. Thanks to both Skip and Combo.

- RayTheOtherRay <><

"I was going to change my shirt, but I changed my mind instead." - Winnie the Pooh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back