Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistos

IS-IT--Management
Jun 22, 2001
US
I am using Office 2000 and Windows 2000 Pro on a Windows 2000 server network. Every time I go to print from certain files I receive the following error. "Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. An error log has been created." I have looked at microsofts support page which offered some guidance but unfortunateley none worked, or did not apply. I have upgraded both windows and office with the latest service packs, but still no resolution. I also tried copying and pasting the sheet into a new one, but still no resolution. Anyone have any suggestions????

It's a lonely world out there!

You either have a corrupted document or printer name (including path) too long (more than 113 characters).

The corruption is more likely.

Try this: Click Edt, Go To...; click "Special" button; choose Blanks; click OK. Go to Edit, Clear, All.

If you have more than one worksheet of data, follow the instructions above for each sheet.

Save the workbook.

See if that fixes the problem.

HTH

Indu Getting married was the most expensive way for me to find out all my faults.

I have tried this, but did not work. The document is able to print fine from other workstations.I thinking it may be an excel or windows issue.

If it prints fine from other pc's, then the print driver may be corrupt.

Indu
Getting married was the most expensive way for me to find out all my faults.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back