Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel error - retry, yes or no!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodyuk

IS-IT--Management
Aug 22, 2003
GB
I have an excel sheet which querys another excel sheet, every 10 mins. This sheet it querys, is produced automatically. I seem to get errors now and then, if the sheet is being updated. The error is along the line of "cant find book1.xls" it then asks if you would like to re try (yes or no), and will then continue once someone says ok.
Is there a way to put something in my macro to say, ignore that and try again in 1 min for example, with out the use of a human being?!?!?!?!?!

Without knowing the finer details of your process I can only suggest that you use the application.enableevents= false before you load the data then use your code to trap for the error, then set a timer to repeat the load after a one minute interval.
Don't forget to set application.enableevents back to True as soon as possible after the offending portion of your code!

This loads every 10 mins, and just needs to be left alone. I would like the report to just ignore this error or re run the macro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back