Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Error occurred initialising vba libraries (1114)

Status
Not open for further replies.

petermeachem

Programmer
Aug 26, 2000
GB
We have one staff member who has constant problems with Excel. He uses a couple of excel files which are on shared drives on a server.
Sometimes excel just closes for no reason, sometimes he gets a vba library error message as in the title.
Other people use the same files and never have a problem.
To make it more complicated he used somebody elses pc for a week, logging on as himself and had exactly the same problem. The guy who normally uses that pc uses excel and has never had a problem with it.
So it isn't a problem with his pc. His profile isn't roaming so I don't think it is a corrupt profile problem either. I did copy the shortcuts from his own pc to the one he borrowed.
I'm somewhat flummoxed by this.
The pc he borrowed is Office 2007, his own one is, I think 2003.
I haven't been able to find any sensible solution elsewhere to this and the problem won't go away.

Seems to me that there are 2 things going on here.

Excel closing without apparent reason sounds like something I encountered switching from Vista to W7.

The VBA Lib Errors can be related to different locations for 32 and 64 bit machines or possibly MSO03 and MSO10.

Can't be sure if you don't post the specific errors though...

Also, which OS is he using and does he have 32 or 64 bit system?

Cheers,

Rofeu

Both pc's ar XP pro. The staff member isn't the best at reporting errors accurately. I've told him i need to see his pc as soon as he gets the error.

Does he perhaps tend to use some application which other staff members don't use? Could that be causing some kind of DLL conflict? Is his path variable set the same as everyone else's?

If he does not have a roaming profile, what was common with his machine when he borrowed the other guys'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back