Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel - Detecting user is in Edit Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

behbeh

Programmer
Mar 10, 2001
US
Hello!
Is there any way to detect if the user is in Edit Mode in Excel (double-click a cell and the cursor is flashing within it)? I need to either disable my custom CommandBar buttons or display a message when this happens. Currently, if the user is in Edit MOde and goes to click a button on the CommandBar, nothing happens. ANy suggestions?
Thanks!

a dirty way...

send "Escape" to the activesheet

SendKeys Chr$(27)

Hi
Did the link I posted in you previous thread (thread707-910915) on this subject not work out?

Just out of interest as I had no idea whether it would or not!
;-)

If a man says something and there are no women there to hear him, is he still wrong? [ponder]
The faqs ma'am, just the faqs. Get the best from these forums : faq222-2244

Hi Loomah (and ETID),
I could not get it to work correctly; not saying it doesn't work, I just couldn't get it to work in my project. The xls app I'm working on is bursting at 4MB (lots of scope creep) and Excel is being totally whipped already with major functionality squished into the vba app (this should have never been written for Excel...it's more like a C+ candidate...but I had no say in the matter).
Anyway, I'm pretty much hosed as it is...I haven't tried the dirty way yet (send 'Escape')...I'll give that a shot today. Thank you guys for your help!!!
:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back