Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Crash where worksheet includes controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCop07

Programmer
Feb 16, 2007
My copy of Excel is crashing if I attempt to open a worksheet that includes a control - eg radio button, click button etc. It will open a workbook but crashes immediately the sheet is accessed. I am sure the controls are the issue since I can cause the crash just by creating a new control on a blank workbook. There is no error message - just the immediate "Excel has encountered a problem..." etc. The system events log contains the following message: Faulting application excel.exe, version 11.0.8220.0, stamp 482ca46f, faulting module gdiplus.dll, version 11.0.8165.0, stamp 462e4de0, debug? 0, fault address 0x00079e1e.

How do I proceed from here to fix the error please?

Which service packs have you applied?

Cheers, Glenn.

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

Hi Glenn

Well I had SP3 on both Windows and also Office but I wasted a whole lot more time after posting trying to fix through reinstallations, DLL checking etc all of which was going nowhere. Also with other instabilities in Office and elsewhere I accepted the inevitable and spent the weekend on a clean install of Windows and everything else which has sorted out all the issues. If I had been sensible I would have done this a lot earlier saving probable 4 or 5 hours (and a lot of blood pressure) but you know how it is.... anything other than wiping the machine clean!

Thanks for taking the trouble to follow up though

Steve

Glad you got it sorted in the end.

Cheers, Glenn.

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back