Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel, copy over contents of cell based on multiple criteria 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ch4meleon

Technical User
Jan 13, 2003
GB
I have 2 worksheets. for the sake of simplicity called A and B.

I wish to check the contents of cell C8 on A with C36 on B, if they match (text) I want to then check if B6 on A and D17 on B and see if they are equal, if yes then see if cell D36 on B is a "y"

if all that is correct I then want to copy contents of cell Z36 on B into C10 on A

I then need to extend that to the rest of the sheet A to pick the relevant details off B

Any thoughts on a simple way to do this would be hugely appreciated !

Your requirements are arcane. What are you trying to do?

hi,

Yes, we REALLY need to know what you arr trying to accomplish.

It is very unusual that you have cells from rows 6, 8, 17, & 36 in 3 columns corresponding to row 10, and then you say, " extend that to the rest of the sheet A to pick the relevant details off B." That just does not make sense on the face of it!

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Hi, sorry, I'll try to clarify.

I am trying to produce a timetable of activities in an easy to follow format from a complicated spreadsheet issued to me weekly (which i can then import into sheet B) I dont want to spend ages re formatting it each week so I was hoping to be able to work out a way to copy it over but i need to check that the months (C8 and C36) are the same and the type (B6 and D17) are the same before i copy over the information

does that make it any clearer ?

[tt]
C10: =if(AND(C8 = B!C36,B6 = B!D17,B!D36="y"),B!Z36,"")
[/tt]

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Wonderful !! Thank you so much, that is going to make my life hours easier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back