Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Conditional Formatting 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enkrypted

Technical User
Sep 18, 2002
US
Hello, I've looked through the FAQ's and past threads regarding conditional formatting, but can't seem to get my sheet working properly. I have a spreadsheet where certain cells are listed as =TODAY(). For example, cell A4 is formatted as =TODAY(), cell A5 is formatted as =TODAY()+1, cell A6 is formatted as =TODAY()+2, etc

Next to that are different columns that will contain data (cell range B1 through Z7). I'm trying to get conditional formatting to highlight the entire row based upon the formula for TODAY() only so it highlights just the data for today. I've tried different formulas through conditional formatting but it either doesn't highlight anything or it only highlights just one cell. I've attached the file just in case it needs looked at

Thanks in advance for any help with this

Enkrypted
A+

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=314ffdb7-fec2-453b-a0ce-4b0aff99ad94&file=Test.xlsx
Hi,

Why do you need Conditional Formatting?

=TODAY() will ALWAYS be today.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]
"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible" A. Einstein

Your CF formula
[tt]
=$A1=TODAY()
[/tt]

Skip,
[sub]
"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible" A. Einstein

Just guessing here, but what you may want is a sheet that has a week's dates, starting on, for instance Monday thru Sunday.

In that case the date formula in A1 might be...
[tt]
A1: =INT((TODAY()-2)/7)*7+2
[/tt]
then the next 6 cells, just add 1 to the previous.

NOW the shaded cells will hilight the current date's row.

See your uploaded workbook.

Skip,
[sub]

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=2ec0bd73-2ff9-4781-bc07-2a96d8712ee7&file=tt-dateCF.xlsx
Thanks Skip! That's exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate the help on this!

Enkrypted
A+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back