Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel, Click on cell to go to specific worksheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ch4meleon

Technical User
Jan 13, 2003
GB
I have 80 rows in a worksheet, I want to be able to click a specific cell in each row and for that to go to a specific worksheet. very grateful for any idea on how to do this

thanks in hope

Hi,

Hyperlink is a spreadsheet feature. Insert > Hyperlink ... Place in this document

Use your macro recorder, if you want code. Post back with your recorded code if you need help.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

no i dont want to open a document, i want to open another worksheet in the same document, hyperlink is not giving me that option ?

Yes it does! LOOK CAREFULLY!

Place in this document

Skip,
[sub]

You need to change the Link To: selected item on the left to 'Place in This Document' (as per Skip's post)

Hope this helps

Andy
---------------------------------
[green]' Signature removed for testing purposes.[/green]

Thanks both for your replies, does it make a difference if im using excel for mac ? I can hyperlink to a document rather than website and I can select the document I want (the one im in) but I cant then select a specific worksheet in that document ?

Don't know.

Personally, I would not go to the bother of inserting 80 hylerlinks OR coding anything.

Right-click any sheet navigation button in the lower l-h corner of the display, and you'll get a pop-up list of ALL SHEETS in the workbook.

Skip,
[sub]

thanks Skip, Im trying to make something for someone else to use while Im not here and they arent very familiar with computers so I was wanting to make it as quick and easy as possible for them.

No worries if you dont know a way to code it I'll see if I can send it to my pc and hyperlink it from there and email it back

thanks again for replying

You could also use the Worksheet_SeelctionChange event, assuming that each of the 80 cells has the sheet name and the column is A...
Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
    If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
    If Target.Column > 1 Then Exit Sub
    If Target.Value = "" Then Exit Sub

On Error GoTo EndIt

Sheets(Target.Value).Activate

EndIt:
End Sub
Right-click the sheet tab and select View Code

Paste into the code window.

Skip,
[sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back