Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel charts

Status
Not open for further replies.

xinyin

Programmer
Jan 16, 2003
HK
If you use Chart wizard to make line charts, Excel will put a legend at the bottom of the chart to let you identify each line. Can I disable this legend at the bottom and tell Excel to put the name right beside each line instead?

There's a bit of trickery you've got to use. Look at Andy Pope's examples on this page ( especially the last one ... it matches your requirement exactly ):

Cheers, Glenn.

Did you hear about the literalist show-jumper? He broke his nose jumping against the clock.

Thanks it works. But then I just realize that I can edit the chart directly by clicking it. So I can first enable the line name marker option - this put the name of that line on each turning point of the line, next I can click and press delete on any unwanted marker, finally I will get a line graph with the name of each line at its end point just like Andy Pope's trick. I just wonder what is the advantage of Andy trick, which is more complicated?

Can you describe how you did : "enable the line name marker option"?

Cheers, Glenn.

Did you hear about the literalist show-jumper? He broke his nose jumping against the clock.

Hi,

Deleting the labels by hand is indeed an option and depending on the size of your problem may well be less work.

In fact if you select the series and then select the last point you can then use the format dialog to apply a data label to this single point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back