Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Chart: Transparent Fill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rujad

Technical User
May 23, 2002
US
I would like to create an Excel Area chart with a transparent fill so the grid lines can be seen. The "Transparency" option under fill effects is unavailable when I format the series.
Alternatively, is it possible to display the grid lines in front of the series bars, area, etc.?
Thanks,
Russ Dobbins

Thanks. However, not quite what I'm looking for. Choosing NONE reduces the area to an empty box and defeats the purpose of the area chart. I'd like to see transparent color that allows the grid lines to be seen.
Russ

when you say "grid lines" are you referring to the Chart gridlines that you format on the x & y axis

OR...

the lines on the Excel spreadsheet?

'cuz CHART GRIDLINES don't need any level of transparancy or not!!! Skip,
Skip@TheOfficeExperts.com

I am looking to see the Chart axis lines through a colored bar or area chart. There seems to be an option for transparent fill but its always greyed out.

Thanks for thinking about it.
Anyone else want to give it a try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back