Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel - Cell Reference stopped working between sheets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash575

MIS
Jun 16, 2008
Hi everyone:

We have an Excel workbook we use for an account application where the first sheet we fill out information from the customer and that gets populated on other sheets with in the same work book.

Example on sheet one we have cell A2 which will hold the value of "Last Name". On sheet two in cell A2 we have a formula which makes a call from A2 on sheet one to "autofill" it (sheet two cell A2 =+sheet1!A2 ).

These "autofill" calls have stopped working for some reason. I can start a new workbook and copy the same formals from the broken excel file and they will work just fine. Is there a way to "rebuild" formulas for this workbook to get these autofills between sheets to start working again.

Its a rather complicated sheet with a lot of special formatting applied so I would not want to rebuild the file from scratch if I dont have to.

Thanks

Sorry we are running Office 2003 SP3 with all patches updates applied.

FYI: the "+" is superfluous. You can just use =sheet1!A2

Go to Tools > Options > Calculation and make sure that in the top section Automatic is selected.

[tt]_____
[blue]-John[/blue][/tt]
[tab][red]The plural of anecdote is not data[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ 181-2886 before posting.

Thanks anotherhiggins your fix worked like a charm.

Glad I could help.

[cheers]

[tt]_____
[blue]-John[/blue][/tt]
[tab][red]The plural of anecdote is not data[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ 181-2886 before posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back