Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EXCEL caused an invalid page error in module MS09.DLL 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 24, 2002
US
I had applied all patches from the web to bring my Office 2000 Standard upto SR-1a on 06/05. I tried to open EXCEl on 06/20 and received referenced error above. I was unable to run the repair for control panel ADD Remove programs. I have at this point completely uninstalled office and reinstalled from CD. I am still getting the same error. I am running Windows 98. The other Office applications appear to work fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Suggest you find mso9.dll and rename it.

Make sure all apps are closed.

Then go to Start, Settings, Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs. Find Microsoft Office, Click on the Change button and select Repair... in the resulting dialog box.

HTH

Indu

Indu,

Thanks, but I got the same message after the repair was cmplete. I am now going to reload the SR1 patch from the web and see if that corrects the problem. A bit of additional information. I noticed before the crash excel is requesting a virus scan.

Just a thought: would be a good idea to rename your profile. Shut down and re-start.

Indu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back