Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EXCEL - Automatic Query refresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chandlm

Programmer
Feb 11, 2003
GB
Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is the best place for this question but here goes.

I have been given an excel workbook with around 500 queries to an access database. The problem we have is that when we open the workbook we are asked if we want to enable automatic refresh. We enable it and off it goes to update all of the tables. After a while we get an "unspecified error".

I have investigated this a bit further and have found that it only updates 64 queries before complaining and it stops the refresh of the other queries.

Does anyone know a way round this 64 query limit? I think it is restricted to Access database as I have another workbook with 200+ queries on it to a SQL DB and it updates them all ok.

HELP!

Hope this helps.

Matt
[rockband]

Hi,

You ought to be able to discover which query is causing the burp.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

There isn't a particular query it fails on. I have tried using a macro and looping through all sheets in the workbook and refreshing the queries on each. I purposely run it starting on a different sheet each time and it gets to updating 64 queries then the unspecified error occurs.

I have noted the queries it fails on and then try reopening the workbook with automatic refresh disabled and the failed query works first time.

It's getting quite annoying now.

Hope this helps.

Matt
[rockband]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back