Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel: Auto-Filter and Data Validation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DajOne

Technical User
Jun 11, 2002
CA
Good day all,

I have a spreadsheet with 16 columns of which 4 have data validation dropo downs. The spreadsheet is to be used by several staff to log several entries entries on their projects. Each project has a name and number thus in order to quickly identify their project, the auto filter is required.

The problem is that when the auto filter is used and the proper 'lines or entries' are displayed, the next blank line available to enter data is not formatted, with the data validation.

How can I have the next line after the auto filter display be formatted for the user to enter data? Even if i format the entire sheet, that wont work.

Any idea out there?

Hi,

"Even if i format the entire sheet, that wont work."

If you copy the cells in a row that are Validation and Paste from the bottom of your current table to the last Excel row, it will work.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red][/red]
[tongue][/sub]

True enough and thanks for the reply.

However I would prefer not to have the user copy and paste.

I was not suggesting that the USER do it.

I was suggeting that YOU do it, now.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red][/red]
[tongue][/sub]

Skip

Thanks again..

I must have protected the cells in error cause it works..

Sorry for the trouble..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back