Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

excel and outlook printing error

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancergsr

MIS
Nov 30, 2002
US
We have stumbled across a rather interesting problem with our client we support. We have metaframe xpe servers that have office xp installed. In some cases, when a user opens excel OR outlook and they goto print they get a error message "the current printer is unavailable". The outlook error is "you do not have permissions to print to this printer". resetting the users citrix session anywhere between 1-8 times generally gets them a good session that they can print from.

We have tried a variety of things from refreshing the users terminal services profiles through to deleting the users installed printers and recreating them.

Has anyone ever come across this problem? or a similar problem?

How many servers do you have?

This looks typical of the sort of thing you would see if the printer driver was only installed and/or mapped on one server, and the applications were published.

Try replicating the printer driver(s) in the CMC.

Hope this helps CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

27 servers and the print drivers are all replicated.. what i cant get my head around is that not all users are being effected on the server. The only thing i could think of at the time is that the mf servers arnt grabbing the ts profiles properly and hence a corrupted (or not complete) profile is downloaded to the mf server

Sound like a possibility?

I am having the same problem. We are using Office 2000. I can have 2 users printing to the same printer and one of them will have the problem and the other does not. The quick fix, rather than recreating the printer has been to make any change to the printer properties (I change the paper from letter to legal and then back to letter), and the user who couldn't print can print fine after that.

Is there any hotfix that takes care of this problem?

Has anyone found a fix to this problem? We have just started having exactly the same problem. We are running Citrix XPe/FR2 with Office XP/Sp2. Everything was running fine, but all of a sudden has started coming up with random messages about no printers being installed, no access to printers etc. The problems seemed to have started after we installed a HP Laserjet 2300 PCL 5e on our file/print server. One of our guys has been able to get a user going by changed the print processor on the file/print server to something else and then back to the original Winprint. Sounds to me like something in the print monitor has changed, but I'm not sure where to go to from here??

we are running citrix xpe fr2 windows 2k sp2 office 2k sp3, I am having an issue with 1 user printing from outlook which takes 30-40 seconds before the print job gets to the printer all other apps print straight away.

Any Ideas?

In FR2, citrix changed autocreated network printing from ica to SMB. This has caused quite

some people problems, so citrix created a hotfix, to revert back to ica printing. (CTX101829

item 20)
If you use FR3, the hotfix is included, and you only need to set the mentioned regkey to

revert back to ica printing.

Free citrixprinting support

We are seeing the message "you do not have permissions to use the selected printer..." in Internet Explorer and other programs as well TSE Xpe.
I found it interesting about the certain driver mentioned by geoffwc because I had to take that driver out of a printer because it kept stopping our spooler service on our print server.
I will check out the citrix article as well but I think I'm going to get rid of that other driver also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back