Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel and dfs

Status
Not open for further replies.

pherr

MIS
Feb 22, 2002
US
I hope someone has a suggestion on this issue, I have Win2003 Server, DFS replication. When excel saves an existing file, sometimes it does not rename the temp and just leaves the numbered temp file. This is random. Does not happen all the time with the same user. It does seem to be a permissions issue, although the users that have this problem have full control to the folder. I did add one user to the admin group and the problem was gone.

Question -
1. Anyone else have this issue with excel and dfs.
2. Anyone have any suggestions. (Please dont tell me to check the permission on the network, or how excel saves files, or how dfs works.)

Thanks

I had a similar problem last year, we were using DFS to sync between two sites. This problem was escalated to Microsoft who provided a hotfix which should now be released.

Thanks, did you use this hotfix? Do you have anymore info on it?

ph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back