Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Add-in label on click 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdgabe

Technical User
Sep 7, 2006
US
Add-in's in excel have some words that appear when you click on them inside the add-in menu option. Tools/Add-ins, does anyone know where that info is entered, I have created an ad-in, and I have no idea how to describe it.

If you are using Office 2003:
You can click the 'Browse' button to locate an add-in program installed on your computer. By default, the Add-Ins dialog box lists add-ins installed only in the Windows\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Library folder (including its subfolders), or in the Windows\Profiles\YourUserName\Application Data\Microsoft\Addins folder.

You can click the 'Automation' button to list all Component Object Model (COM) add-ins available to load into Excel. You can select your COM component from here by clicking 'Browse'.

Sharing the best from my side...

--Prashant--

Thanks for the reply, I click on automation and it lista everything, by choosing COM here br browsing, how will that help in typing in a description for the add-in. I am a little confused as to how to proceed.

You can not to write description here for that COM. It's coded inside of that COM.

Sharing the best from my side...

--Prashant--

Hi Prashant,
How do you code a COM, what tools do you need, is it just a class module in VBA?
Thanks

To add information to the addin such that it is displayed in the Addins dialog use the Title and Comments field of the documents properties.

You may need to do this before saving your xls to an xla.
Or temporarily set the Thisworkbook property IsAddin to false so you can use the menus File > Properties to display the dialog through which to enter details.

Awesome, that is exactly what I was looking for, I was confused with the COM piece. Thanks a lot!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back