Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel 97, needs more "undo"

Status
Not open for further replies.

nubee

Technical User
Nov 14, 2000
US
With Windows 98 & Excel 97, Excel is "undoing" only one step back -- is there some way to increase the amount of steps Excel can "undo"?

I'm planning to upgrade to Office 2000 soon, will that help? would I be better to just wait for Office 2000?

I'm not sure. With Excel2000 you can undo up to 16 actions. Not sure about 97. Kevin
slanek@ssd.fsi.com

yeh, this is sounding similar to what I thought I've heard of before.
but, I was also thinking there might've been some 'tweaking twick' that could reset the default setting

I thought Excel 97 SP2 undid 255 actions. If you want to undo more than that surely you should close without saving and reopen. Mainly because you save as you go along don't you?

255 Wow! I did not know that. I know 2000 did 16 without me tweaking it at all. I like your suggestion of quitting without saving though. Kevin
slanek@ssd.fsi.com

Look up article Q162944 in Microsoft Knowldge Base.

If you dare make changes to your registry, you can increase the number of undos.

I have not tried myself...

good day,

Christine Simard
FARPNQ
Montreal, Quebec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back