Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel 8.0 exports available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf11

Technical User
Apr 10, 2003
US
I need to be able to use crystal enterprise 8 to access excel versions of my reports. These reports must be in excel 8.0 format. Unfortunately, crystal enterprise 8 only gives the option to export to excel in 7.0 format. Does anyone know if and how I can export from Crystal Enterprise 8 in Excel 8.0 Format? Thanks.

Yes, I can open the 7.0 versions of the excel file, but the formatting is different than the 8.0 version. I need the specific formatting that occurs when the reports are exported as excel 8.0 files. Crystal Reports allows me to export in excel 8.0 format, but crystal enterprise doesn't give excel 8.0 as an option. In fact, many of the file formats that Crystal reports can export to aren't listed as exportable formats in Crystal Enterprise. I'm wondering if there is a way to add these other formats as options in crystal enterprise.

Did you read the link?

It states:

Hot Fix updates are available to correct this issue as indicated below. With the updates, reports exported to Excel 8.0 Standard or Extended format can be opened and viewed properly.
====================
IMPORTANT:
Unless indicated otherwise, Hot Fix updates downloaded from the Crystal Decisions FTP site have only been tested with English versions of Crystal Decisions products.
====================
Service Packs (SP)
-------------------------------
· This fix is included in the SPs indicated below. They are available for download in English, French, German, and Japanese at:
Select the desired language from the drop-down menu, and then select the desired product link to download the executable (EXE) or the readme (PDF).
Crystal Enterprise 8 Service pack 1
Crystal Reports 8.5 Service pack 1
For CR 8.0/8.5, CE 8.0/8.5:
--------------------------------------------
· Or, if you do not apply one of the SPs indicated above, you must apply the Database and Export Drivers Pre-Version 9 Monthly Hot Fix (MHF) update. Search for DBEXDRVRWIN* and download the appropriate language build at:
· Or, you may apply the Weekly Hot Fix (WHF) update, which is available for English deployments only at the following location:
ftp://ftp.crystaldecisions.com/outgoing/EHF/DBEXDRVRWIN_EN.ZIP
This issue is corrected in the following component and version and later:
U2fxls.dll, version 8.6.0.6, dated 03/22/2001

It certainly sounds like it addresses exactly what you're asking for...

I don't have CE 8 so I can't test it for you.

-k

Thanks, but that service pack actually just contains a patch for Crystal reports that i've already installed which fixes a different problem. I can export into excel 8.0 from crystal reports without any errors. I just can't export from crystal enterprise because the option isn't listed (i need to allow users to access the report online and export a report as an excel 8.0 file)

I do not believe you will be able to get this working. CE 8 from what I remember will only present the Excel 7 option regardless.

Remember CR and CE will not share all of the same functionality or feature offerings. CR is client based and CE with server/web based and with that comes an inherent limitation.

If Ken Hamady is watching he may have some more recent experience with this from his training/consulting work.

Cheers,

SurfingGecko
Home of Crystal Ease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back