Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel 4 Macro Language

Status
Not open for further replies.

CNS4us

MIS
Mar 29, 2004
US
Am I the only one in the universe that still uses the Excel 4 macro language???????? I know vba is supposed to be better but if I'm just moving some data here or there isn't Excel 4 Macro Language as simple as it gets????

I love it and was just wondering if I was an extinct bird.

Embarrasingly enough I still use an old PC running Win95 and Office95 to record macros and such. Now that you are laughing and on the ground rolling give me your thoughts! : )

Thanks for the comments in advance!

I used to love it.

Where I was working, it was Jan 1999 until I was forced to change. The mainframe terminal emulator we had changed at that date and was not longer controllable from Excel 4 macros, so had to switch over. ( after 6 years there doing Excel 4 macros )

It was a bit of shock to change, and some things ran much slower, but I think I'm used to VBA now ( although I do put 1 line Excel 4 macro statements into defined named sometimes, to do weird things ).

Ahh, the good old days.

Cheers, Glenn.

Okay, so my little survey proves that I AM in fact the only one on planet EARTH that still uses Excel 4 macro language and there is only one other person in the world that has even a memory to go back that far.

Wow!!! I am pathetic.

L8r

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back