Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel 2013 VBA: error on UserfForm1.show

Status
Not open for further replies.

pendle666

Technical User
Jan 30, 2003
GB
Hello

I'm getting back into doing some simple VBA with userforms in Excel.

My userform is called UserForm1 and in my Excel worksheet I have a command button which on click runs the following

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
UserForm1.Show
End Sub

However, when I try and run this I an error message: Runtime error 424: Object Required.

I've checked the name and UserForm1 is correct, so I've no idea where I've gone wrong.

Pendle

thank you for helping

Try using
Me.Show

instead of UserForm1.Show

Chris

-------------------------------------------------------------
"Don't be deceived. We're all temporary employees.

Hi

Me.Show isn't actually an option, there's Me.ShowDataForm or Me.ShowAllData

and neither of them worked either. I've had a browse round on Google, and it's all UserForm1.Show, unless there's a problem with the settings here at work. I shall try at home later on.

thank you for helping

Where does UserForm1 reside? Is it in the workbook with the command button, another workbook, or an add-in?

Chris

It's in the workbook workbook.xlsm under Forms and the command button macro is in Microsoft Excel Objects under Sheet 1

thank you for helping

As a test, I created a userform called UserForm1 in a workbook. In the same workbook, I placed an ActiveX button on Sheet1. In the code for Sheet1 I placed:

Code:
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
    UserForm1.Show
End Sub

When I click the button, the form appears.
Are you doing anything different than that?

Chris

There must be something wrong with the userform itself - or a corruption somewhere because I just tried a new userform in a new workbook and it's worked just fine.

Thanks for your help - I'll start over what I'm doing, I could do with the practice!!

thank you for helping

I feel your pain. I don't know how many hours I've wasted because of a corrupted cell in a spreadsheet. It was before I knew about these forums and I knew something was bad when I tried to run a macro and it would crash Excel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back