Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel 2013 - Combining Data with Different Number of Columns and/or Rows

Status
Not open for further replies.

beadedbytes

Technical User
Apr 25, 2003
US

Hello, Is there an automated solution (without macros/VBA) for merging multiple Excel worksheets containing different number of columns and rows into one master? The worksheets are all located into one workbook.

Thank you in advance for feedback.

HI,

It all depends if and how the tables are related? Need a whole lot more description of the tables and how they are related.

An upload might be in order.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Did you post your workbook in the wrong thread?

Skip,
[sub]

FAQ68-5287: NORMALIZE Your Table using the PivotTable Wizard
First you must NORMALIZE your data.

The result will be 3 tables with 3 columns. The data in the 3 columns can be appended into ONE TABLE with 3 columns.

From there you have the entire plethora of Excel features to analyze and report.

Let me know how its working for you.

If this ia an ongoing issue of nermalizing new data periodically, you may need some VBA

Skip,
[sub]

Skip,
I was hoping there was a way to consolidate *first* and then normalize. Thanks for feedback.

Okay try this...

We will use SampleWk_02 as the master, since the other two tabs have the same rows & columns.

COPY the date headings from the other tab to SampleWk_02.

Use Formulas > Defined Names > Create from selection on the other two tables, starting with the first tab and then the last tab

So here's the formula that combines the data...
[tt]
R6: =IFERROR(INDEX(INDIRECT("_"&TEXT(R$5,"mm")&"_"&TEXT(R$5,"dd")&"_"&TEXT(R$5,"yy")),MATCH($B6,SEGMT_PKG,0),1),0)+
IFERROR(INDEX(INDIRECT("SampleWk_01!_"&TEXT(R$5,"mm")&"_"&TEXT(R$5,"dd")&"_"&TEXT(R$5,"yy")),MATCH($B6,SEGMT_PKG,0),1),0)
[/tt]
...and copy paste down and across to the right.

Now you have ONE TABLE to Normalize.

Skip,
[sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back