Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel 2010 "Refresh" blocking data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jomama46

Technical User
Apr 15, 2003
US
I have a spreadsheet that has a picture of the word "Refresh" centered over Row 1 and Columns A and B. It is functional but I don't want it there and cant get rid of it.If I scroll down it stays in the same place on the sheet. If I insert a few lines in the sheet so I can see the data in rows 1-3, the "Refresh" block moves with the rows, still hiding the data. If I Scroll over it and cut or copy, the Refresh doesn't copy.
How can I get rid of this.

pc.gif

Jomama

Hi,

"It is functional."

Exactly what does that mean?

Does your Excel workbook have macros?

Functional" as in, if I click on it, move inward as if simulating a button press and it will Refresh the screen.
Macros are disabled.

pc.gif

Jomama

I have seen this before and I haven't been able to delete the button. What I was able to do was highlight the button and then do a cut and then save the file without pasting.

Thanks but I can't get the context menu with a right click for cut and the tool bar "cut" doesn't do it either. Its as if it isnt art of the worksheet.

pc.gif

Jomama

It sounds like you have an image that is, or was once, connected to a macro. If you right-click, does that select the picture?
If so, try this:
[ol]
[li]Right-click the image[/li]
[li]Left-click somewhere else in Excel, as long as it's not in the worksheet (title bar, blank part of the ribbon, etc)- this should hide the context menu but leave the image selected[/li]
[li]Press Delete on the keyboard to delete it[/li]
[/ol]

right click will not bring up a context menu

pc.gif

Jomama

so what I did was scroll over the whole worksheet to select, then copy and paste into a fresh sheet and the refresh didnt come with it So problem gone. thx for all the help

pc.gif

Jomama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back