Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel 2010 - conditional formatting not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goatman88

MIS
Nov 17, 2010
I've got a user who I recently set up with Office 2010 (was using 2007 before). He tells me that Excel's conditional formatting doesn't work. The only way he's been able to get it to apply is if he saves the file in an older format (97-2003). In native format it doesn't work at all. This has worked without issue when he was using 2007.

Anybody seen this before?

Will you kindly provide more info, other than not working at all?

Canadian eh! Check out the new social forum Tek-Tips in Canada.
I thought I had retired...I was mistaken. I used to work for a large corporation; now I work for my wife.

'Not working at all' means he enters his parameters into the conditional formatting dialog and applies them and nothing happens, no formatting changes occur. He has rechecked the settings and says they are correct. If he saves the new file as an older format (97-2003) the formatting works fine.

I have not been able to reproduce the problem. Do you have an example of what is being defined in the CF?

Canadian eh! Check out the new social forum Tek-Tips in Canada.
I thought I had retired...I was mistaken. I used to work for a large corporation; now I work for my wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back