Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel 2007 - Grouped Rows and Hidden Pages. How to exclude from Page Numbering and Printing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hjgoldstein

Programmer
Oct 3, 2002
GB
Hi all,

I have a problem with page numbering and printing.

Long story short...

My Worksheet references others and often a page has no data to print. When this happens I group the rows of the affected page and hide them. I don't delete the rows as I may need it in a subsequent version of the worksheet. There is a footer with page numbering "Page n of n"

Previously, when either printing or PDFing (same thing as far as I am concerned) the hidden pages were excluded in the printing, the page numbering and the total page count. Now, for some reason, the page count includes the count of hidden pages, the page numbering includes them and a print preview shows them as blank pages.

Is ther a simple setting I can use to restore the previous régime?

Thanks for any input.

Aspiring to mediocrity since 1957

Thanks Skip.

The only problem with this approach is that the pages have a given number of rows. It is a report that goes to very senior management and the formatting and pagination is very important. I can't just let the system do that so need to move page breaks to suit.

Appreciate your help though.

The only problem with this approach is that the pages have a given number of rows."

But think about it. Lets say that the page 3 report has ONLY 6 rows, and you leave the dotted soft page break in place (with all that empty space between the sixth row and the page break.

So what do you think will happen to your Page 3 report?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Let me try it again tomorrow. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back