Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

excel 2007 export to csv with custom delimiters (wizard) has moved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmmsi

MIS
Feb 28, 2003
US
In Excel 2003, you could export a spreadsheet to csv, and you could get a wizard to help you along and allow you to change the delimiter / text qualifier and other options.

In Excell 2007 and 2010, this I can not seem to find this option. It appears in Access 2007 and 2010, but not in Excel.

Anyone know where it is in Excel 2007 or 2010, or is it just gone?

Thanks in advance, and have a good day.

hi,

How did you get the export wizard? What menu Item etc.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Are you sure it wasn't via a plugin, rather than built-in to Excel?

For instance, I found where Chip Pearson (I think it was) wrote a VBA module for the express purpose... of which I'm considering looking more closely at and using myself..

Currently, the way I'm doing the same is to go (in Windows) to: Control Panel - Language and Regional Settings - Additional Settings - and change the system-wide list separator to whatever you want.

The only con to this (which is why I'm considering looking at Pearson's module) is that if you change it there for the system, then it throws some other things off - some Excel formulas, some VBA code, etc.

I just opened up an Excel 2000 to check, and it looks like I only have an import wizard, not an export wizard. It appears I got the software confused. Thanks for the sanity check, as well as the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back