Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel 2007 Cut and paste has changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyboy

Technical User
Aug 22, 2003
US
Greetings,

Within the last 3 days, I have installed the newest Microsoft Updates. In this same time I have seen and experienced these issues.

First, all of the Excel links that were pinned on the start menu had vanished. Not a big problem, however, you get used to clicking away without having to open Excel and use that list of recently opened spreadsheets.

Second, I have a number of Excel 2007 spreadsheets that use command buttons to move around the sheets and to other sheets within the same workbook. When I want to add a new button, I click on the Developer tab and then click Design mode. Then I select an existing button and copy and paste it to the new location. Then I right click the new button and use the menu to edit the name and associated code. Now here is the problem, after installing the updates I can follow the above except that when I try to paste the new button, I get the error message "Microsoft Office Excel cannot paste the data". This is really hurting my productivity. FYI, cutting and pasting data from one cell to another works just fine. It is only not working when trying to cut and past the button object.

Can someone help me fix this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi cmeagan656,

I am not sure if ActiveX is involved. I had previously used the built in Cntl-C and Cnrl-V and everything worked so it is possible that ActiveX was doing something since in addition to copying the button itself it was making additions to the sheet's VBA code page.

Hopefully MS will get off their chairs and get a fix out very soon.

TIA for your info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back