Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel 2003 Subototals

Status
Not open for further replies.

FergADT

MIS
Dec 30, 2002
US
I've upgraded one of my people to Office 2003 as my test case - so far everything is great with the exception of subtotals...after four or more subtotals deep the calculations do not occur correctly... the same exact file can be saved, then subtotals can be calculated in Office XP with no issue. I've worked with him and tested it on multiple files with the same results. He has the latest Office 2003 updates and has all of the same options enabled within Excel. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

What errors are you seeing with the calculations?

Regards
Ken.................

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[peace]It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission[2thumbsup]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently, once he applies a fourth subtotal (and any subsequent subtotals) the subtotals do not calculate properly. The totals all get shifted to the right and lose alignment, resulting in the subtotals not wrapping correctly.

Also, he points out that it seems to display the subtotals correctly until around the 700th row... (he hadn't mentioned this to me before)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back