Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel 2003 Form Button Rename

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpkeller55

Technical User
Apr 11, 2003
US
This is driving me nuts. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to rename a form button in Excel. I have a workbook with numerous sheets that all have the same format with different form information. They all have the same buttons that help the user navigate back to a main menu, print the worksheet, save the worksheet only etc...

I have one button that when clicked will run code to remove the buttons from the sheet and then save the sheet as its own individual worksheet without the form buttons. So, I need to have the sheets all have the same names for the buttons so that my code recognizes them for deleting regardless of what sheet I am on.

I know this is more info than necessary, but I just am trying to figure this out and can't seem to find any help in the help files. Thanks!

Apparently there are two types of buttons. Command Buttons and just plain buttons. The buttons I am trying to rename are the just plain buttons. It is interesting, when I right click on a command button, I get a properties window that allows the name of that command button to be changed. When I right click on the just plain button, I do not have that option. All the buttons in my sheet are the plain variety. I suppose I will need to change them all to Command Buttons to change the name.

Thanks anyway.

Ok, I finally figured this out. Maybe it can help some other simpleton like me. To change the name of a regular button (not a command button), you right click on the button to enter the design view. A window will pop up (Cut, Copy, Paste etc...). While that window is open, left click on the button so that the popup window disappears but the button is still in design mode (sizing dots will be visible). Then, move your cursor to the field to the left of Column A and above Row 1. Type the new name of the button and hit Enter. That should do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back