Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel 2003: External data from another xls missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auger282

MIS
Sep 27, 2003
I have a really pain issue right now. I'm thinking its a version issue or some hidden option somewhere. Let me start this with it works on two people's computers and not on mine or anyone elses....

I'm trying to pull a whole spreadsheet into an different workbook using the external data function.

The problem is that when I run the refresh I get all the cols that are values and vlookups but I have cols that are currency that are not coming in at all... they are sumif statements and then calculations off the sumif cols.

3 cols that come in and 7 that do not... instead of the data I'm expecting I get a col of "1"s

Let me reiderate.. this is working as is on two machines but not on the rest of ours..

The source can be updated and saved.. no issues or error msgs they have all the data as they should. The destination at this point is a blank.. brand spankin new xls file and the darn thing doesnt pull it all in.

I'm not sure whats going on here.. all windows updates are installed and ms query is installed. We are using the microsoft excel odbc that is installed with office 2003. The source spreadsheet is 2003 as well.

If there is any other information I'm missing please feel free to ask.. any help is greatly appreciated.

I use essentially the same procedure. However, I never see the OLE DB thing.

My Connection String is an ODBC string rather than a OLEDB string.

You might experiment with an ODBC driver. I have never had THIS kind of a problem with an ODBC driver

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]I'll be dressed to the nines this week, as I go to have my prostatectomy...
Because, if I'm gonna BE impotent, I want to LOOK impotent![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back